Thursday, February 3, 2011

妈妈受伤了

The other day, I was home alone with the kids, while Basri had a dinner meeting. So here we were, sitting on the table, just the 3 of us. It is one of those days when the kids refused to eat. Thea is usually a good eater, but she has her time, too. After trying to persuade them to eat for 15 minutes or so, I became inpatient with them. When Thea saw me getting angry, she was finally willing to open her mouth for the food. As usual, she started to make peace with me and calling me repeatedly: "Mommy...mommy..." with her sweet voice. Then Uriah said :"妹妹,你不听话。。妈妈受伤了。“ I almost laughed, because Uriah hasn't touched his food a bit, and yet, he said those things to Thea. Then I calmly replied:" Uriah, 吃你的饭,妹妹已经在吃了,你一口都还没吃。。“

I think he got the idea from Jay Chow's song, which they both love.... 听妈妈的话。。 I think he is paying attention to the song's lyrics more than we thought. That is why I think it is extremely important to be selective in exposing your kids to songs, dvds, etc. You never know what they pick up from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment